Drupal development is being applied far and wide by many businesses around the world. This open source CMS solution is powering thousands of business websites catering to their needs and those of their customers. But have you ever wondered what makes Drupal so popular among developers? It is thousands of plugins which allow them to achieve highly functional websites in a short period of time. Drupal developers integrate these plugins in websites to achieve uniqueness and robustness. Here are some tips that should be kept in mind while using plugins in Drupal websites.
- Know Your Needs – Being carried away with the functionality of Drupal plugins is quite common. However you need to keep in mind the needs of your business and those of your customers while integrating these plugins into your website. You can carry out a research on your target audience and also on the kind of functionalities that is being offered by your business rivals.
- Be Choosy – The huge number of plugins that are available in this CMS solution can at times create challenges for you. You will come across dozens of plugins of similar genre with similar functionality and you need to compare their features and functionality before you make use of these plugins in your website. You will come across the debate between paid and free plugins. Paid plugins need not always be better than the once freely available and you need to always take note of their features before using one.
- Customize – Once you get the plugin you need to customize it to make sure it blends with your business. This customization might be in terms of its color schemes, localization or tuning some of the features of the plugin. You need to keep in mind that unless you customize the plugin it might be a misfit in your website. Read the documentation that comes along with these plugins as you will get to know more about customization of these plugins.
- Do Not Clutter - Using too many plugins tends to give an unprofessional look to your website and you need to make sure that your website has a lot of empty spaces for it to appear visually attractive for your website. Also using too many plugins increases the load time of your websites which can severely affect its popularity.
- Look For Support – If you are facing issues installing or customizing a certain plugin, it is advisable to seek help from the developers. Drupal cms development boasts of one of the most active developer communities and you can post your queries in such communities and groups and seek solution to your problems.
- Analyze – It is very important to analyze the performance of each plugin installed in your website. You can carry out a usability testing of your Drupal websites where the analysis will be based on the merits or the demerits that a particular plugin brings to your website. If a plugin is having detrimental effect on your website it would be best advisable to get rid of it. You can involve your visitors in this analysis for concrete results.
These tips kept in mind would help you draw maximum mileage out of your Drupal development. Hire the services of a good Drupal developer to make the best use of plugins in your website. This is very important as they bring all their experience of Drupal development into play while integrating plugins into your website. The plugins need to be seamlessly integrated into the website and this job requires a lot of expertise on part of the developers.